Association Jeanne Jugan
As Laity dynamically involved in the Church, we, the proud members of the Association Jeanne Jugan, St. Paul, feel privileged to share in the ideal, the spirit and the apostolic mission of St. Jeanne Jugan and the Congregation of the Little Sisters of the Poor. We value the charism and hospitality initiated by St. Jeanne which she modeled in serving the elderly and enjoy the collaboration with the Sisters in “making the elderly happy.” Each one of us brings to the group our own special talents and commitment of time, yet we fee bonded as a family working together to make our Home a happy, comfortable place in which to live and work.
The Association Jeanne Jugan, open to Catholic lay men and women 18 and older, gives us the opportunity to serve Christ with joy and love through the elderly, to nourish our faith and commitment through liturgical and personal prayer, the receiving of the Sacraments, and attendance and participation at spiritual retreats and various gatherings and meetings.
Some of the ways that we as Lay Associates are involved in the spirituality and mission of the Little Sisters here at Holy Family Residence are:
- meeting monthly to help us deepen the spirit and charism of St. Jeanne Jugan
- being a comforting presence with the residents as they approach their final moments and with their families at funerals.
- spending quality time with residents (praying, reading, visiting, listening)
- driving and/or accompanying residents for outings and appointments
- collaborating with the Activity Department in preparing and participating in feastdays, holidays and other special events
Perhaps you, too, may feel drawn to look into this special dedication of service to the Church and the Little Sisters of the Poor.
For further information about the Association Jeanne Jugan:
Mary Roberts, AJJ Coordinator at 651-336-7802
Visit the Little Sisters’ national website to learn more about the Association Jeanne Jugan: www.LittleSistersofthePoor.org