As Little Sisters of the Poor we care for the elderly poor in the spirit of humble service we have received from our foundress, Saint Jeanne Jugan. We welcome the elderly as we would Jesus Christ himself and serve them with love and respect until God calls them home.
- We welcome low-income elderly of at least 65 years of age regardless of race or religion.
- The atmosphere of our “Home” is one of peace, joy, love and friendship, a true family wherein Christ is the center.
- Along with a very dedicated staff, we provide the best nursing and medical care possible. At the same time we minister to our Residents' emotional and spiritual desires by making them happy and communicating to them the tenderness and mercy of God.
- We encourage an active lifestyle through meaningful activities including a lively pastoral program, opportunities for ongoing education, involvement in the community, volunteer service within the Home and much more.
- The elderly poor of all religious beliefs are welcome here at Holy Family Residence and we encourage them to sustain their religious practice with the understanding that:
- we adhere to all the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, especially those concerning the sanctity of human life.
- we reject all forms of euthanasia and assisted suicide and protect our Residents from these practices, as well as from all forms of abuse and neglect.
- the compassionate care and accompaniment of the dying is the summit of our ministry. At Holy Family Residence we assure a constant presence close to the very sick and dying, welcoming and encouraging the presence of family members.
- we welcome the collaboration of many dedicated lay associates, staff members, volunteers and benefactors, who are the extended hands and hearts of the Little Sisters.