St. Jeanne Jugan surrendered her entire life to Christ. In a heroic gesture of compassion she discovered Christ in a dying old woman and she gave her a home, a bed, love and the deepest respect. This one selfless act blossomed into a new international religious community, the Little Sisters of the Poor. Browse the links of our national website to discover more about our beautiful and privileged vocation and mission in the Church and the world of giving our lives in our consecrated mission of hospitality to the elderly poor.
If the Holy Spirit is moving in the depths of your heart and inviting you to pursue the road of discerning if you are receiving the call to Consecrated Religious Life, we invite you to come and taste and see. Through our vow of hospitality we joyfully welcome you.
Some ways and means to introduce you to one of the most beautiful religious vocations:
- Share in our life of prayer: Holy Mass, Eucharist, Liturgy of the Hours, Rosary and silent times of personal prayer.
- Minister along with one of our Little Sisters in our multiple services to our elderly Residents.
- Volunteer some of your time with the elderly and become involved in the life of our Home.
- Participate in discernment retreats which take place throughout the year in several locations.
- Come for silent days of personal prayer, reflection and/or consultation with a Little Sister.
- Tap into our Blog on the Home Page to receive ongoing news and to sign up on our Registration Form.
- Read our Holy Father’s message on vocations: click here.
Contact Sister Amy Kristine at firstname.lastname@example.org
“There is a wonderful way of experiencing love in life: it is the vocation to follow Christ…
- John Paul II
“Dear young people, do not be afraid of Christ! He takes nothing away and He gives you everything. When we give ourselves to Him, we receive a hundred-fold in return. Yes, open wide the doors to Christ and you will find true life.”
- Benedict XVI